terça-feira, maio 14, 2013

Never asked why.


My prayers to God always were 'God, don't give me what I don't worked for'. I never wanted easy money or easy opportunities, because I believe (and actually I've already seen) that what comes easy goes equally easy. But when you work hard to get something, you give it the due value and you know how much it costed to you, so you'll take good care of it.

This thought has been in my prayers for years now, but I can't deny, sometimes I wish things were easier than they are. We consider ourselves 'the righteous' people, so we think we deserve the best, and when this "best" doesn't happen we get upset, upset with life, upset with God. We see the wicked prospering in their way. We think: "They have no struggles; their bodies are healthy and strong. They are free from common human burdens; they are not plagued by human ills." (Psalm 73:4-5)

Looking by the human sight, the wicked might have the best of this world, indeed they have. But what we constantly forget is that we have the best of the universe, we have our name written in God's hands, we have our name in the book of the life, we have our sins forgiven, we have salvation, and if you're worried about money and stuff, have you ever heard about the New Jerusalem? The city God and Jesus are preparing for us? If you are worried about your struggles and constantly pain in this world, have you ever thought about how the Heavens are? No pain, no cry, no worries. Only joy, the joy our Father always wanted for us to have, the feeling He always wanted for us to feel, His love, in the purest form, fully and everlasting.

That's why I never asked why. Why am I poor? Why am I suffering? Why am I sick? Why? Why? Why? I don't have all the answers, but He has. I can stay here fighting with myself or I can fight the good fight and one that day comes you can ask God himself. So, my advice to you is: stop asking God why, and start asking how. "How can we do this?" Don't fight alone! Let God be God in your life.

Psalm for meditating: Psalm 73




0 comments:

Postar um comentário