terça-feira, outubro 23, 2012

Your voice matters!

First of all I have to say that it's my first article about politic, I'm kind of nervous because I actually don't like to discuss subjects like this, but after all the happenings, I have decided to share my thougths. You're free to read or not, to agree or disagree, but remember, I'm free to give my opnion and I can do this without offend anyone, I hope you too.

As a brazilian and a third person opinion, I have to say that the elections in the USA matters no just to the country here in question but to all the world. So, I understand why people are standing up to defending their beliefs. As they use to say "this is America". 

This view of freedom of expression is something that has been used incorrectly sometimes, but what can I say, we're talking about human beings, ie, we talking about something that is prone to failure. It's not a system of machines that works in order and alignment according to our will, they have their own will, and I respect that, but sometimes express our opinion is more than a right, it's also a duty, a duty to be something useful, something right. If expressing my opinion includes desrespect other person, I don't think I shoud speak it out.

Last night we had the last debate between the candidates to the presidency, but this debate has created an external debate between the supporters of both sides, what could been something healthy (a nice talk) if rude words were not been included, but they were. Many celebrities are showing their support, not to try convince people to do what they want, but to use their voice to defend what they believe. So, this shouldn't be a reason to some people create a war, it's not people against people, it's people looking for what is gonna be better to the country as a whole.

Making use of my right of express my opinion, I want to clarify something about Sophia Bush, you might don't like her as an actress (what I think is impossible), but as human being she has been exceptional, fighting for women rights, children's better future, equality and more humanity. So, unless you're doing better, don't criticize, okay?

As a Christian, I have to say, I wouldn't put my trust in someone who distorts the word of God, not really. So, using Shantel Vansanten words: "Before voting inform yourself and  make a choice with your conscience, intelligence and heart! Your voice and vote matters!"
And if you're a Christian as I am, pray before you voting, let the people's voice be the God's voice as well.
Vote wisely.

by Luana Mattos.

1 comments: