sábado, fevereiro 23, 2013

Stand by me - Review.


Yesterday I watched The Vampire Diaries last episode (S04x15), I've heard good comments about it so I was excited to watch it, I knew it'd be good but I had no idea how deeply it'd touch me. Firstly, just like Elena I had hope about the fact that once the mark is complete Jeremy wouldn't be a hunter anymore, so maybe his ring would have its power again. But it didn't happen. And in second place, all the scenes, especially Elena ones, were so deep, and so real, (sometimes was like I was seeing myself when I lost my brother, yes I know how it feels like). We all had great losses in life, and we all feel the Denial, the Anger, the Bargaining, the Depression, and finally the Acceptance.


Although, we know it all is a part of our lives it hurts the same way. We all want to erase the past, to turn off the pain, so we can move on. But different of Elena we cannot burn the house and turn off our humanity, but it doesn't mean that we cannot move on.

Every person that you love wins a piece of your heart and when this person dies it feels like he took this piece along. Over the time, with all the losses you had your hear is no longer entire, all those pieces you gave to your love ones are gone, you don't live entire anymore, you're just a survivor, because breathing is an automatically thing that your body does. So the only way to have thoses pieces back is by erasing all the memories, the good and the bad ones, but that's not fair with us in the firstly place, and with them neither, because the best way to honor those beautiful lives is by living your life fully.


I don't know what Julie has in store for Elena now, but I know that bad days are coming, days when the pain will take over her in the form of the anger, days when she will feel guilty, days when the "what ifs" will kill her inside guessing about all the things she won't be able to take back, because death is a part of our lives, we die a bit everyday, we see people dying everyday, and you're right Julie it doesn't hurt less. And it's okay, it's okay to cry sometimes, it's okay to admit that you have weakness moments sometimes. But it's NOT okay to give up!



So, whatever is coming to Elena, I am sure that I'll see beautiful moments of healing, because this is what The Vampire Diaries is about: HEALING, FAMILY and LOVE.

Thank you Julie for showing us that in every episode that goes by.



"Remember, grieving is a personal process that has no time limit, no one 'right' way to do it."

1 comments:

  1. Nice review, sweetie! I feel sorry for Elena sometimes, she's been through A LOT! But this was a great move on TVD's script. Julie and her team are very talented. On the show as it is in life, a fresh start is ALWAYS born out of a tough moment. I'm sure she is gonna be ok from now on. At least she is not alone. Btw, Nina Dobrev is doing an INCREDIBLE job as Elena and Katherine, whom I expect to see be back in Mystic Falls soon. :)

    ResponderExcluir