quarta-feira, novembro 07, 2012

My election review.

Every time I come here to write something I always ask God's permission, this because since I'm talking in the name of God, I have to be careful, because some people will see God the way I'm showing him. I want to make a quickly review about the election, I know that you're sick of listen/read about that, but what can I do if this matters and need to be clarified.

First of all: Why this matters?
Well, since the US is the big potency of this world and all the countries are focused on it, what happens there affect us. So, this election was important to all of us!
Second of all: Why this matters to Christians?
That's the point, the crucial point! This election seemed like the State was against the Church, this because Romney was defending the bible principles while Obama was focusing his campaign in freedom and equality, which means, same sex marriage and women rights including the abortion. (I wrote about here: Abortion)


 
The big question is: Why I supported Obama instead of Romney?
I have to admit that I was waiting for this election be over, before write openly about this. Because as a Christian I didn't agree with some Obama's proposals, because I can't deny what the bible says about the homosexualism, and abortion, and several principles that have been crushed by society. But I also can't deny that people voices is so powerful that not even Romney (with his principles) could avoid that some laws be legalized. That's the reason that Jesus said:  John 16:33



We can't run away from the troubles, we also can't fight back with violence, hate and discrimination. It's such a shame to me as a Christian, watching how disgusting is the way that some "christians" have been acting and reacting about all that. Jesus didn't taught us that. He taught: "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 16:12

So, if you are a true follower of Jesus Christ you shoud be loving more, and judging less. We don't have to compelling people to believe in what we believe, but we have to show them the truth, leading with love, show them a God full of love that gave His only son for love of us. And instead of criticize Obama, or his proposals, pray for him, pray to God give him skill to command this country, pray for this world.
"You don't need to go to the war, just pray and let God fight for us! Let God be God."




0 comments:

Postar um comentário